Playing Rules & Guidelines
Please observe the following player rules and caddy guidelines when playing in all Northwest Jr Golf Tour events. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Parents and Guests
We appreciate spectator support of our event. Please walk in the rough and remain clear of the fairway. It would be a good idea to wear your tennis shoes due to the long walk. Under no condition are you allowed to offer any advice to a contestant during the round. Please be mindful of the high level of concentration needed by the participants to achieve their best. It is okay to help look for balls or carry umbrellas. Please do not interfere or distract players with the use of cameras, cell phones or beepers.
- Arrive at your appropriate starting tee no later than 10 minutes before your scheduled tee time. Being late to the tee is grounds for disqualification.
- USGA rules govern play.
- Slow play will not be tolerated. A 4-hour pace must be maintained. (1st offense = warning; 2nd = two shot penalty; 3rd = disqualification).
- Players are responsible for the action of their caddy. A caddy is considered part of the players’ equipment.
- You are allowed to employ only 1 caddy per round.
- Caddies may communicate with their player only. If any caddy becomes a distraction to fellow competitors or hinders pace of play, they will be removed from the player’s bag.
- Gallery may not directly communicate with any player. Cheering and applause is appropriate.
- Use decent and proper language and behavior at all time. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. Examples include, but are not limited to: cheating, unreported USGA rules violation, swearing, obscene language or gestures, club throwing. Prohibited to use: Smoking or chewing tabacco, alcohol or drugs.
- Proper golf attire for contestants, volunteers, caddies and gallery is required. NO JEANS OR TEE SHIRTS allowed. Softspikes are required. Metal spikes are prohibited.
- Take care of the golf course. Repair ball marks, replace divots, rake bunkers and dispose of trash in proper containers.
- Electronic devices are prohibited for use on the golf course by players or caddies. No cell phones, pages, radios, portable CD players, etc.
Disqualification may preempt warning and/or stroke penalties if any violation is flagrant.
Dress Code Reminder
Please remember that all JRGT host courses are soft-spike ONLY facilities. Metal spikes are prohibited. Please also observe the dress code of collared shirt. Jeans are not allowed. This applies to players, caddies, and gallery. If you have any questions about what is acceptable attire, please contact us.