Here is how and when you are legally able to use your merchandise award. We (the board of directors, our banker, accountant, and IRS nonprofit agents) have devised the necessary steps for you to redeem your merchandise award.
We have opened a separate account with all the merchandise award winnings at Key Bank. Your winnings are earmarked for you to use for merchandise awards only. The amount can grow as you win more Northwest Jr Golf Tour events.
How to Redeem Merchandise Award Winnings
To redeem your merchandise award earnings, you must:
- Graduate from high school.
- Finish a quarter or semester of higher education (trade school, community college, university, apprentice programs, etc..)
- Receive a minimum 2.5 GPA (cumulative) for the higher education classes in which you've enrolled.
- Send us your grades/ transcripts from your higher education courses (at the quarter/semester)
- Send this to Northwest Jr Golf Tour attn Board of Directors - 5155 McCormick Woods Dr. SW, Port Orchard, WA 98367 - Include the best email address
and phone number at which to contact you.
- Email us the golf items you wish to use your earnings on (include specific details - sizes, colors, lengths, flexes, etc..). Your order will be confirmed
via email before it's processed (for accuracy). Prices on front line items (non "closeout" merchandise) are matched from TGW.com (the golf warehouse).
Prices on other items (golf balls, etc.) are sold at the regular price stocked by McCormick Woods GC (some restrictions will apply - for instance,
on PING equipment we have some strict regulations to which we need to closely adhere). PLEASE BE WARNED, MOST CLOSEOUT MERCHANDISE IS NOT
AVAILABLE TO ORDER – PLEASE ORDER IN STOCK, CURRENT MERCHANDISE. Send your request to Suzanne Mehlert.
- Allow 30 days for us to process your info and send you your merchandise. If there is a balance remaining after any application for your merchandise, you must repeat these steps until your merchandise award account is exhausted. There is no processing fee on your first order, but on subsequent orders a $15 processing fee will be charged to your earnings amount.
Financial Points of Interest
Here are some points of interest for your parents and/or the family accountant:
- The IRS does not consider this income.
- Any donations to Northwest Jr Golf Tour are tax deductible. If you or your business would like to help, please e-mail us.
- Merchandise awards not applied for or inquired about within four (4) years of the player's high school graduation will be written off the NWJrGT books
and donated to the merchandise award account for future NWJrGT events.
If you have further questions, please email Suzanne Mehlert or contact her by telephone at (253)223-1822.
Thank you and we hope to see you at future events.
Thank you for being a part of the Northwest Junior Golf Tour! We’re excited to help you get your merchandise award!
Please fill out all the information that pertains to you and the items you are interested in getting. Thank you!
When comparing prices, please make sure you are viewing 2018 items that are available at most of the main store chains. We are happy to research the best price possible, but may not be able to get previous season closeout prices.